Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Event Planner's adventures in Graphic Design...

After only 5 hours of playing around on Adobe Illustrator (and some help from my dear Uncle Kenny) we finally finished our first Green with Envy Events Flyer. I have to say, this was no easy task. Who would think that creating a simple border with round edges would be so difficult? I mean, I know how to do it in Microsoft Word??? It was a frustrating, yet comical experience...filled with multiple layers, gradient fades, text wrapping and Gaussian blurs. I have a new found respect for Graphic Designers, and now understand why you hire someone to design your marketing materials. However, I do think we did a pretty good job for two Event Planners:) The flyer turned out great, and we're ready to send it off to our friends and family to start spreading the Green with Envy word. Next up, the website. And yes, we are hiring someone to do this for us:) Lesson learned, stick to what you're good at...Planning Parties! Ciao...
Carlee

No comments:

Post a Comment