Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Petals and Waves

I was running along the harbor this afternoon, the feel of the ocean breeze across my face, mesmerized by the varying shades of blue, when it suddenly hit me that I haven't been to the beach, not once, this summer. I know, I know, I'm slightly crazy, but what can I say? I've been busy. However, the water, natural stone colors, and sunny disposition of the day did remind me of Leanne Marshall, last season's winner of Bravo TV's Project Runway. Her winning collection(below) was inspired by water, incorporated a lot of the same hues, and included an innovative petals and waves element into every piece.

I've been a huge fan of hers, and her current Bluefly line, Leanne Marshall for Bluefly, is whimsical and similar in the layers and scallop detail of her Bryant Park show designs. It's also more affordable and eco-friendly! Over half of her designs incorporate sustainable materials, so you not only get to be fashion forward, but also get to show some love for the environment.

How's that for making a splash?

Her Fall 2009 collection, although a bit darker, is still modern, edgy and completely fierce!

Don't despair, you future brides-to-be. Her up-and-coming bridal line offers short, ready-to-wear and custom wedding gowns. And, not only are they designed with tons of architectural pizzaz to really make you stand out on your wedding day, but they are also eco-friendly!
I absolutely applaud this designers desire to show some us some green power, while maintaining modern, yet feminine aesthetics. I cannot wait to see what she'll wow us with for her Spring 2010 collection, and if you are anything like this Green with Envy gal, you'll agree!
xoxo, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment